• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

raybon

What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently inherited property from my Father. The property that abutts it belonged to my Grandparents. For family reasons it was put in the children and grandchildren's names, of which I am one, several years ago. His sister lived in a doublewide behind the grandparents house. In order for her to have a sewer systerm for her home my father allowed it to be put on his property. The property is now mine.

My Aunt's son-in-law is looking after the abutted property for her. He has turned the grandparent's house into rental property and has just recently rented her doublewide to a nephew. Does he have the right to put someone in the doublewide and use the septic system without asking my permission since the septic tank to the doublewide is located on my property?

HomeGuru

raybon said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I recently inherited property from my Father. The property that abutts it belonged to my Grandparents. For family reasons it was put in the children and grandchildren's names, of which I am one, several years ago. His sister lived in a doublewide behind the grandparents house. In order for her to have a sewer systerm for her home my father allowed it to be put on his property. The property is now mine.

My Aunt's son-in-law is looking after the abutted property for her. He has turned the grandparent's house into rental property and has just recently rented her doublewide to a nephew. Does he have the right to put someone in the doublewide and use the septic system without asking my permission since the septic tank to the doublewide is located on my property?
**A: yes............

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">