• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired ,any options?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ksodini

What is the name of your state?Washington

My husband was fired at 4pm Friday. He was a retail store mgr. His DM hates him. Gave him 30 day warning for "failure to follow company policy", very vague. He was fired on the27 th day. He had a 24% sales increase that month and that was the first "write up" with the company. The problem, my husband is slowly losing his eyesight to diabedes. A few weeks ago he mentioned he might pursue long term disability. He is 57. Is there anything we can do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

ksodini said:
What is the name of your state?Washington

My husband was fired at 4pm Friday. He was a retail store mgr. His DM hates him. Gave him 30 day warning for "failure to follow company policy", very vague. He was fired on the27 th day. He had a 24% sales increase that month and that was the first "write up" with the company. The problem, my husband is slowly losing his eyesight to diabedes. A few weeks ago he mentioned he might pursue long term disability. He is 57. Is there anything we can do?

My response:

Do about what? His job, or his eyesight? And, what does one thing have to do with the other?

IAAL

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This is not a rhetorical question. It is a sincere question meant to be read, and answered, literally.

What, if any, evidence does your husband have that his mentioning the possibility of pursing a disability claim and his termination are related?

N

nwerle

Retaliation firing

after reading yoru good advice I see that once hired after 40
kind of odd to make case of age discrimination.

but at MCI the ygot rid of director, chief enginer ,sr engineers in 1 dept, who just happneded to be the older employees , and experienced therefore
highly paid.

Ill just file a claim under the whistleblower act
get lots more money that way!

gryndor

Beth3 said:
Whistleblower's Act? What does that have to do with what you're talking about???
It seems we have a money-hungry cretin looking to screw the husband's former employer in any way possible. BTW, based on your posts there is no wrongdoing evident. His options now are 1. to get medical treatment if he hasn't already and 2. to look for another job, or retire/go on disability. Other than that, you are crazy to persue what you're talking about.

nwerle said:
Ill just file a claim under the whistleblower act
get lots more money that way!
:rolleyes: Gryn

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">