• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st Offense POM

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GypsyPrincess

I recieved a ticket for possession of marijuana in garner county, north carolina. Myself and 2 other people were caught in my car rolling marijuana. The officer confiscated the marijuana (less than 1/2 ounce) and searched my car. He found nothing else and proceeded to split us up and ask who the marijuana belonged to. My friend and I had brought it so we admitted it leaving the third party out. The officer wrote the 2 of us possession of marijuana tickets. I have never dealt with anything like this before so I do not know how to plea or wether or not to get a court appointed attorney. I am only 18 and am only here attending college. I am from Houston, Texas so my parents are not involved. This charge cannot go on my record or I will be kicked out of school. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

GypsyPrincess said:
This charge cannot go on my record or I will be kicked out of school.

My response:

Oh, really . . . it can't?

Guess what? At age 18, you're a legal "adult". Guess what else? It's going on your permanent adult record.

Start packing.

IAAL

TQWcS

hey you are probably fine

I don't know about Texas but in South Carolina we have a thing called Pretrial Intervention. You pay money take some courses do some community service and it's like the charge never happened. These people on the forum are just trying to scare you. My roommate was just charged with Minor possesion of marijuana and he is not getting kicked out of college or losing his scholarships becuase he did PTI. Another option is is called conditional discharge and that just means you basically make a deal you won't get in trouble again for a year and the charge disappears. Finally, sometimes they will offer to drop the charges if you tell who sold you the weed the problem with this is that if they do not get an arrest from what you told them then you don't get off.

hope things workout
-Chris

TQWcS

parents

oh yeah and homeguru is wrong once you are 18 your parents are not involved unless it is school policy to send a letter home to your parents and tell them. Usually this only happens when you are caught on campus.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">