• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

foreign comer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chinarenmiao

I'm from China .
I’m a Chinese lawyer majored in civil law. Recently I want to find a job as legal counsel in a foreign invested company. You know in this company , fluent English is the necessary tool to communicate with the otheres . So I come to this site ,I believe I can learn much from here ,from every one of you ! Your reply and help will be appreciated . Thanks a lot !

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chinarenmiao said:
I'm from China .
I’m a Chinese lawyer majored in civil law. Recently I want to find a job as legal counsel in a foreign invested company. You know in this company , fluent English is the necessary tool to communicate with the otheres . So I come to this site ,I believe I can learn much from here ,from every one of you ! Your reply and help will be appreciated . Thanks a lot !

My response:

Our reply to, and help for what? All you've told us is your background; that you want to find a job; and that English is necessary to communicate.

Did you have a legal question?

IAAL

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

I have a question for you . . .

10 years ago, Tienamin Square, Bejing.

Who were you more impressed with - - the tank driver who refused to roll over the man, or the man who stood in front of the tank. In your mind, which one was the hero? Were either of them heroes? Did you agree or disagree with that protest?

IAAL

C

chinarenmiao

IAAL: Thank you for your reply .
Now I want to know the difference between the words "liability" and "obligation" in your language .
I'm very sorry ,it isn't a question about law,but much more relates to the language .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

obligation
noun. A legal duty to pay or do something.

civil liability
noun. Potential responsibility for payment of damages or other duty.

These are synonymous words; i.e., Meaning virtually the same thing, and are interchangeable, depending upon the context of the discussion.

IAAL

C

chinarenmiao

sorry ,I just left for several minutes

Ok ,I can answer your question . I know that you referred to the “Affairs of Tiananmen” in 1989 . In that year I was eleven-year old . In my mind , I think people will make different dicisions in different situation . Maybe I can ask you a question : during the Amercia&Vietnam War , who do you think is the hero :the solider fight in this war or the man refuse to join the battle ?

Sorry for my grammatical mistake .

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

chinarenmiao said:
Ok ,I can answer your question . I know that you referred to the “Affairs of Tiananmen” in 1989 . In that year I was eleven-year old . In my mind , I think people will make different dicisions in different situation .

MY RESPONSE: Actually, you didn't answer my question. However, you're very good at dodging the questions with a philosophical answer. It doesn't matter that you were eleven years old at the time. Certainly, you must have an opinion about the protesting man in front of the tank, and the tank driver's decision to stop his tank. So, do you have an opinion?

Maybe I can ask you a question : during the Amercia&Vietnam War , who do you think is the hero :the solider fight in this war or the man refuse to join the battle ?

MY RESPONSE: The man who obeys orders and goes to war is always the hero. It was NOT our 18 to 22 year old boys' fault, who went to war and died, that the Vietnam War was a worthless and meaningless waste of time, both politically and in terms of human lives. Any man who ran from the war is a COWARD, and not worthy of citizenship in this country.

While the Japanese were our enemies during World War Two, I have great respect for the Japanese soldiers (the ones who obeyed the Geneva Conventions) and especially those young boys who flew their airplanes with cockpits welded shut, and dove their planes into our ships. They knew they weren't coming back home. They knew they were going to die. They were the Kamakazi pilots. They were brave and heroic for their country. They obeyed their orders and they bravely did their duty.

IAAL

C

chinarenmiao

You called the man obeyed the orders hero ,maybe you hope I call the tank driver who refused to roll over the man coward ?
The coward you concluded that ran from the Vietnam war maybe the hero in your some compatriots’ mind ,I think .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">