• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer using false evidence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

niffer5313

What is the name of your state? missouri

My employer is appealing my unemployment benefits. Their lawyer sent me their evidence which was write ups. I had one right up in the 3 years I worked there. Now there is a write up saying I no called no showed, which is untrue. This write up not only does not have a manager's signature but mine is not there either, and there is no note on it saying they even showed it to me. As far as I know this could have been written after they found out I filed for unemployment. What do I say about this in the appeal? I'm not sure how to bring this up?

J

jerzeegirl

Evidence?

Do you have any performance evaluations that took place after the date of the mystery write-up? If so, and the evaluation does not mention this write-up, that might help back you up. Also, if you have a copy of your bona fide write up that is signed by both a manager and you, that would indicate the difference between a properly executed write-up and a bogus one. Do you know the reported date of the so-called no call/no show? Can you cite a witness or event that could help verify your presence at work that day, for instance, do you punch a time clock or sign in and out to verify attendance? Was your pay docked for that day, payroll records would verify whether you suffered a loss of a day's pay for an unauthorized absence, or perhaps your bank statements to reflect deposits, especially if you have automatic deposit. Your position stated succinctly and to the point is pretty much the extent of what you can offer as a position statement. You'll be asked questions and can expand upon the points of information needing clarification.

Just think about what documentation you can get your hands on in the way of proving you were there that day, and your argument will be made for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">