• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car Accident in Jacksonville, FL

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aol

What is the name of your state? FL

I have a friend who was in a car accident in Jacksonville, Fl in December 2003. He car was run over by an 18-wheeler. Can he sue the trailer company on top of the settlement which he migt receive which might be about 250k. He was badly injured but not paralyzed. I don't trust his lawyer as his case is to be settled next week and it just seems so quick, and I am not sure if his compensation is just and fair. Can someone please tell me how to find out if this is within reason. My friend is the type of person who would have been happy with 5k, if you get my gist....and I am not sure myself. Any advice.

Oh just to add, the truckers insurance company have him taking out his medical bills from the possibly 250k settlement. Is that right?

My friend lives in NC if that helps and is back in NC doing therapy etc.

aol

my friend doen't have a pc nor access to one - and even so would not know how to use it...

hit by an 18-wheeler!!!! that's very wonderful that he's alive :) but seriously from your post it sounds like you're more concerned about how much money he's getting than his medical (health and well-being). if he is fine with the attorney he's chosen then let him be....he's a grown man...right? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">