• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neurontin+Suicide Attempt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Shadowmaker

What is the name of your state? - Wisconsin now. Washington State when it occurred

I have been reading about the Neurontin and suicide/attempts. I was taking this medication back in 1999 or so, for Bi-Polar. Long story short...dr mis-diagnosed me,I actually am ADD. I was on this medication for approx. 6 months prior to being hospitalized for suicide attempt. Never tried this before, and have not tried it since. No other medications were being taken at the time. Dr knew about suicidal ideation, so increased the doseage to the maximum amount to see if that would help. Needless to say, it did not. This is the first i have heard of a link between Neurontin & suicide or suicide attempts. I am not greedy for money, but would like to be compensated for the dollars expensed out for that hospital stay. Is this something i should pursue? Or does this lead to me opening up my life story, and it really isnt worth it and should leave that part of my life alone?

I appreciate your time and insight.
ps it seems the other thread was leading in a different direction, and did not explain much about this actual suit that is happening.

ellencee

The class action suits are probably your only option and there is no big money to be made by the patient, though there is some amount of compensation.

The MD was not negligent as the MD did not know about the manufacturer's false statements, termed "off label uses", which were being represented to MDs as alternate uses for the medication.

Your situation would be in the class action suits for the "off label uses" and you can locate attorneys by searching the web.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">