• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting teen to follow visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sad mom

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NC
My 16 year old ran away 6 months ago, she ended up at a family members house in NY. That is not working out as she has alot of problems. Apparently she is not going to school, refuses to work and is seeing an 18 year old. The same one that helped her go to NY from here. Anyway, dad lives abroad and wants her to stay with him for a few weeks. I am all for it and thankful he wants to help. He gets visitation during school vacation, how can I get her on the plane? So far my experience is that no one can force a 16 year old to do anything. However I am responsible for her. She is currently "thinking about her options" The case is muddled because I am in NC, she is in NY and dad is overseas. She is also not an american, she is here on a green card. NC doesn't want to get involved because she is not here, and I am not familar with NY law, nor have I tried to contact anyone there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">