• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 family court, Advice please!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Luvon

What is the name of your state? NY

A little over a month ago my son and friend were picked up in an abandoned house. They just received a slap on the wrist, but my son was forced to see the police counselor. At that time I asked the counselor what I should do, I was considering in looking into an intensive outpatient program as my son as been going down hill drastically for the past 2 years. The counselor replied by saying let's see how this works out first.

Well, the counselor has been on vacation for 2 weeks after only seeing my son 3 times and yesterday while school shopping was caught shop lifting from Filenes department store. Value $70. I was told that being his mother I will be responsible for 5 times the value of the earrings. ($350) for a pair of earrings I don't even get to keep. but that aside my son now has to appear in family court. The counselor did say that if my son got in trouble again he would be facing a pins petition and possible detention.

I have now made the call to get him into the intensive out patient program. My concern is that I am going to lose my son. He's not a monthly kid; he just can't make right choices. I do know that he is smoking pot, I did a drug test today and it was positive. I have taken him to Narcotics anonymous I don't know what else to do and I have no idea what the court is going to do. Can anyone help me understand any or all of this?

I believe at this point they will definately put him on a pins petition, but what else can or will happen? Should we be getting him a laywer? What more can I as his mother do to help him emotionally and get to the bottom of his inability to make good choices?

Thanks in advace,
Luvon

Ps, he is being charged with Petty Larceny.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">