• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fender Bender *help*

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hawksi

California.
i got into a fender bender and it was my fault. he guy said to give him $100 and have him sign a contract to release me of responsilbility. sounds ok to me. dun wanna file a claim and have insurance go up. so what do i need to say in the contract. anyone have a template? or any idea how the language should be? thx for the help

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

hawksi said:
California.
i got into a fender bender and it was my fault. he guy said to give him $100 and have him sign a contract to release me of responsilbility. sounds ok to me. dun wanna file a claim and have insurance go up. so what do i need to say in the contract. anyone have a template? or any idea how the language should be? thx for the help

RELEASE OF ALL CLAIMS
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS, that the undersigned hereby acknowledges receipt of
draft for
($
and the undersigned does hereby accept said draft and in consideration thereof, does hereby release and
forever discharge
and all other persons, firms or corporations, of and from any and all claims, demands, actions and causes
of action, arising out of or which are in any way incident to that certain accident, casualty or event
which occurred on or about the
and for which the undersigned claims the above named persons or parties are legally liable in damages,
which legal liability and damages are disputed and denied, and the undersigned agrees that this release
shall not be deemed or treated as an admission of liability or responsibility by the above-named persons
for said accident in any manner whatsoever, and the undersigned warrants that no promise or inducement
has been offered except as herein set forth; that this release is executed without reliance upon
any statement or representation by the person or parties released, or their representatives, or physicians,
concerning the nature and extent of the injuries and/or damages and/or legal liability therefor; that
the undersigned is of legal age, legally competent to execute this release, and accepts full responsibility
therefor, and executes this release after consultation with
the attorney of the undersigned.
The undersigned agrees, as a further consideration and inducement for this compromise settlement,
that it is a full and final release of and from any and all claims, demands, actions and causes of action
of any and every kind or nature whatever, present or future, known or unknown, contemplated or
uncontemplated, arising out of or connected with said accident, and whether for injury to person or
property or because of death, and for any and all damages of any kind whatever which have been or
which might hereafter be incurred or sustained by the undersigned in connection therewith, and which
might exist against the release
further understood and agreed that this release shall apply to any and all claims for unknown, unsuspected
or unanticipated injuries, and/or results from injuries, including death) which might be asserted
by the undersigned, as well as to those now disclosed.
The undersigned further agrees to waive all rights given by Section 1542 of the Civil Code of the
State of California which might read as follows: "A general release does not extend to claims which the
creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if
known to him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor."
The word "undersigned" includes the plural as well as the singular when more than one person
executes this release.
Signed and acknowledged this
at
(City) (State)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">