• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Class Action Suit against HOA members

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swheeler

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

We live in a homeowners association where the fence along the main street is owned by the HOA. It is old and falling down and the HOA board did a special assessment this year to have the fence replaced. This made some neighbors angry and now they have filled a class action suit against everyone who lives in our neighborhood. The only people who received a copy of the suit were a couple of baord members. The attorney for the plaintiffs told me I have to get a copy from one of them. If I am being named in a class action suit, don't I have to be notified?

Thank you.

HomeGuru

swheeler said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

We live in a homeowners association where the fence along the main street is owned by the HOA. It is old and falling down and the HOA board did a special assessment this year to have the fence replaced. This made some neighbors angry and now they have filled a class action suit against everyone who lives in our neighborhood. The only people who received a copy of the suit were a couple of baord members. The attorney for the plaintiffs told me I have to get a copy from one of them. If I am being named in a class action suit, don't I have to be notified?

Thank you.
**A: are you indivdually named as a defendant in the lawsuit? If no, no.

swheeler

Class action suit against HOA members

Do I have to do anything? What if they win, am I liable for damages?

Thank you very much for your help!

HomeGuru

swheeler said:
Do I have to do anything? What if they win, am I liable for damages?

Thank you very much for your help!
**A: contact the attorney for the Plaintiffs, find out if you are named and report back here.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">