• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Should I claim against my uninsured coverage?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

9Ball

What is the name of your state?I live in Phoenix, Arizona and was the last car to be hit in a 3 car accident on the freeway. The car who hit the vehicle behind me limped away from the accident and hasn't been caught yet.

The damage was not extensive and my medical bills are covered minus my copays. My deductible is $500 and the adjust estimated the damage at just over $600 as noted when we received the check.

I do not think this estimate is accurate since the entire bumper on a Dodge Caravan and the muffler need to be replaced.

My questions are:

Should I file a claim against my uninsured for my $500 deductible and my copays for my medical visits. (Med copays total around $200) ?

Will this be a mark against my insurance and count double - one for the damage to the vehicle and one for uninsured. What are the risks to my poilicy being cancelled and are they even worth it?

Also what is the process for getting a second estimate on my vehicle and will they even recognize it?

Thanks for the help everyone :)

Paul

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">