• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Metal Staple found in Pizza

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

regionalguy

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Last night I was eating a pizza (9/6/04) that I purchased and picked up at the location and brought home. In the middle of one piece I bit into half of a metal staple. I crunched it against 2 molars and think the fillings may have been damaged. I had a good report at the dentist just a few months ago.

However, after finding this staple I was nautious and began to have stomach cramps and eventually diarrhea. I wondered if the other half of the staple was still in me. I think I made myself physically ill just thinking about it.
Now I don't want to eat another pizza, and that sucks. I love pizza.
I have talked to a representative who said an insurance agent will be calling me back in 2 days.
I tried to get a hold of the location and let them know to check for more staples in their product, but all calls go to a centralized call station and they refused to give me the number to the actual store as it is a policy.
I have the staple and the pizza still. What should I do??
Any reccomendations

What is my recourse with this company?
Thanks for any help or advice in advance!

You Are Guilty

You'll probably get a coupon for a free pizza out of the deal. Otherwise, not much.

PS: That will teach you to order pizza from a chain. That stuff tastes like soggy cardboard and barely qualifies to be called pizza. The staple was probably an improvement :D

dequeendistress

Just think of all the other stuff you did not find half of.

(hungry now?)

You would have to prove your loss and their negligence to win in a lawsuit...can you do that?

Secondly...can you afford to pay the retainer to an attorney to represent you...Can you do that?

IF yes to both questions, carry on and file...be prepared if this is a chain---they have their own attorney(s) who poop staples... :D

stephenk

unless your fillings were damaged, you really dont have much of a loss. have your teeth checked out by your dentist. if everything is okay with your teeth, you may get your dental visit reimbursed and some free pizza coupons.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">