• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

motorcycle accident - ticket for following too close

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tars

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Texas

4 motorcycles on a leisure ride going North on FM 1409 in Dayton, TX.
1st bike makes curve beautifully.

2nd bike (Doug) looses control and goes off the road, travel parallel to the guard rail for approx. 15-20 feet. He's thrown off and bike goes sideways moving left in street. Ticket received for unsafe speed under speed limit.

3rd bike (Tina) reacted to his going off road by slowing down and moving left. Can't slam on my brakes due to being in the curve or I will go down too. When his bike shot into the road, I moved right to miss it. I see his body moving into my escape path so I move back left and hit the end of his bike. I was thrown thru my windshield upon impact. Ticket received for following too close. My following distance was approx. 3 sec.

4th bike (James) reacted by slaming his brakes, in the curve, and going down, missing both of us by about 10 feet. He was ticketed for following too close.

Is there any hope to fight these tickets? The police officer did not see this happen. The only witnesses are the 4 motorcycles mentioned. I received my ticket in the mail and never saw the officer --bike #3 (Tina).

Thanks for your advice.

teflon_jones

within 3 secs you would have been able to stop your bike easily on a dry road. sorry, but you need to come up with a better story if you want to beat those tickets.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">