• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yeah99

What is the name of your state?FLORIDA
In July I was fired the day before my vacation was to start. Now I've been with the company two and a half years. this starts last year. I moved out of state and was suppose to tranfer but when I got to my new place they said I did not have a job. after looking for work. Two months later I got the job I was suppose to have when I first got there. But my pay was cut. After fighting for seven months they gave me my pay back. then I moved back to my home state. (that was one problem I went through)
Then One day I got a blow out on the interstate and my husban called me in cause I could not get to work. The next week I had the Flu and when I went to work the manager sent me home. then the next day I called in. When I retuened to work I was fired. My job gave unemployment a different reason why I was fired. But I was still able to collect unemployment. I was told it was beyond my control.
1? Would I be able to sue the company for everything I went through from the pay cut and being terminated.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Not based on the facts in your post.

Contrary to what a great many people appear to believe, the fact that you received unemployment benefits does NOT - repeat, DOES NOT mean that your termination was illegal or that you have a case for wrongful termination. There are PLENTY of people who were legally fired who receive unemployment benefits. ALL the UC commission determines is whether or not you were fired for a reason that does or does not qualify you for benefits under your state law. It has NOTHING to do with the legality of the termination.

A wrongful termination falls into one of two categories; Title VII violations or public policy violations. A Title VII violation means you were fired BECAUSE OF your race, religion, national origin etc. A public policy violation means you were fired BECAUSE you applied for or used a right or benefit that is protected under the law (FMLA, workers comp, reporting unsafe conditions to OSHA, etc.). Nothing in your post suggests that either is the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">