• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bluebrb77

Hi, I live in California. I was recently in a car accident in which was found that I was at no fault for the accident. The other driver lost control of her car. Nevertheless, my car has been totaled. Here are my questions - I found out that the DMV sent a license suspension due to non payment of a toll ticket to an address that I no longer lived at, yet I had notified them of my address change. Apparently, my license was suspended at the time. Am I still able to collect money from the driver's insurance company? My car is totaled, my son and I had to be transported to the hospital and be treated and I took time off of work because of the pain sustained from my injuries. Am I entitled to receive compensation even though my license was suspended? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">