• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Homowner's Liability in class action suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swheeler

What is the name of your state? Texas

What is the individual homeowner's liability when the homeowners association is being sued by a few homeowners and they win? Only a few homeowners are actually named (mostly board members) but the entire association is in the suit. Also, when do the homeowners get notified of the suit?

Thank you!

HomeGuru

swheeler said:
What is the name of your state? Texas

What is the individual homeowner's liability when the homeowners association is being sued by a few homeowners and they win? Only a few homeowners are actually named (mostly board members) but the entire association is in the suit. Also, when do the homeowners get notified of the suit?

Thank you!
**A: did you not ask a similar question on this subject before? Give us the specifics of the case.

swheeler

Yes, you did answer part of it. I asked a couple more after your post. Our homeowners association is being sued (class action) by a few members for a number of reason, mostly stemming from an assessment to repair a common owned fence. I had asked if the plaintiffs needed to contact me on the class action suit, and you replied that if I am not actually named, then no. My next question was what is my liability if they win? Also, how do I find out?

Thank you.

HomeGuru

swheeler said:
Yes, you did answer part of it. I asked a couple more after your post. Our homeowners association is being sued (class action) by a few members for a number of reason, mostly stemming from an assessment to repair a common owned fence. I had asked if the plaintiffs needed to contact me on the class action suit, and you replied that if I am not actually named, then no. My next question was what is my liability if they win? Also, how do I find out?

Thank you.
**A: you can call the Plaintiff attorney and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">