• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 yr. old wanting to move out

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

benbo

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON STATE

i have a 15 yr old gf an she is pregnant an she wants to move out once she has the baby an turns 16 this will all happen in december of this year, the reason she wants to move out is bc her parnets are verbally abusing her an she is goin through allot of stress about it, she plainly hates her parents, so my question is....is she able to pack her things up an the baby an move out at 16???

thelizzy

No. "Hating your parents" is not a reason to move out. What kind of "verbal abuse" is she experiencing? Are they telling her she is a worthless little %$#@ or are they just trying to PARENT HER?

She would have to be emancipated which she has to be 16 to do. And how is she going to support the baby? What about school?

Emancipation is not "divorcing your parents and doing what you want." It means you are legally an adult. That means paying your OWN bills, finding a place to live, a means to pay for that place to live (and that doesn't mean living with a friend and their parents) and being overall responsible.

The Washington State statues say: "...he or she has the ability to manage his or her financial affairs....he or she has the ability to manage his or her personal, social, educational, and nonfinancial affairs, including any supporting information."
Source

I'm sorry to say it, but if either of you were responsible, you wouldn't be having a baby at 15 and 16.

Happy Trails

benbo said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WASHINGTON STATE

i have a 15 yr old gf an she is pregnant an she wants to move out once she has the baby an turns 16 this will all happen in december of this year, the reason she wants to move out is bc her parnets are verbally abusing her an she is goin through allot of stress about it, she plainly hates her parents, so my question is....is she able to pack her things up an the baby an move out at 16???
**And hopefully you and your girlfriend will continue getting an education.

AHA

Is it your child? Do you have an income to support the child? Does she have her own place to move into? Can she support herself and her child?
Those are MAJOR factors for ANYONE of ANY age to sort out before moving out of their parent's house. It's quite simple to see why.
Her parents may not be very happy about their child being pregnant and would be in the right for tough loving of their daughter. If I was old enough to have a teenager and she came home pregnant, there are no words for how disappointed I would be in her...and I would surely let her know that. Teenagers are anti parents in their nature, it's not uncommon. But that doesn't justify having to move out......especially when you can't pay your own way.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">