• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to pay my out of state parking tix

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaiser

I just moved to California and managed to rack up 3 parking tickets in 2 weeks. Before they were due, I got rid of my out of state plates and got California ones. Notices have been forwarded from my old address (which coresponds to my old plates) to my new address in California. I was wondering if the intrastate cooperation or the intra-agency cooperation between the state of California DMV and the parking enforment of municipalities is sophisticated enough to link me and my new plates to the violations, ie, DO I HAVE TO PAY THESE? IS IT LIKELY THEY"LL CATCH UP WITH ME?

CdwJava

A wonderful little thing called the Vehicle Identification Number will link the vehicles and you. Additionally, the locales that issued the tickets will likely send the cites to collections ... then you can add between $250 and $500 PER parking cite for their fees.

And in CA they add parking cites to your registration if they aren't paid ... AND they can revoke your registration thus resulting in an inconvenient impound of the car as well.

We call it Parking Roulette.

Carl

AHA

"DO I HAVE TO PAY THESE?"

You caused them didn't you? Who do you expect will pay them if not you?????

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">