• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eeoc inquiry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bisto

What is the name of your state? california

Has anyone had any dealings with the EEOC from an employers perspective and what will I required to provide to them. How long will it be before I hear from them?

thanks, :confused:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Has anyone had any dealings with the EEOC from an employers perspective

Yes.

and what will I required to provide to them.

That will depend on what the claim is. In a nutshell, whatever documentation you have in answer to whatever claim has been made against you.

How long will it be before I hear from them?

That will depend on how backed up the local office is.

rmet4nzkx

cbg said:
Has anyone had any dealings with the EEOC from an employers perspective

Yes.

and what will I required to provide to them.

That will depend on what the claim is. In a nutshell, whatever documentation you have in answer to whatever claim has been made against you.

How long will it be before I hear from them?

That will depend on how backed up the local office is.
cbg here is his other thread from the other day:
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=193594
Ms. Cupcake

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Thanks, Ms. Cupcake, I'll check it out.

How DO you remember all these posters?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
bisto, I REALLY don't think you have anything to worry about. I HONESTLY don't think the EEOC will even accept a report even if they attempt to file one. Do you KNOW that they've made a claim or are you just afraid that they will?

rmet4nzkx

cbg said:
Thanks, Ms. Cupcake, I'll check it out.

How DO you remember all these posters?
What? Give away my trade secrets? :cool:
Anyway I thought you would like to follow up on it :D
Ms. Cupcake

bisto

I was told by the person I terminated that had filed a report. I was doing some research into the EEOC website and it says "Title vii of the civil rights act of 1964 prohibits race,colour,religion,sex and national origin discrimination." It also went on to state that prerequiste for coverage under title vii an employer must have 15 or more employees.

So my company had 9 employees. Does a company have to have 15 employees minimum in all circumstances.

thanks for all your advice.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
In order to file a claim under the EEOC, yes, there must be a total of 15 employees in all circumstances. However, in CA a claim can be filed with the state as long as you have five or more employees. So while the EEOC will not accept a report from him, the CA Department of Fair Employment and Housing might.

Please keep in mind that their accepting a report does NOT mean that they will find in his favor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">