• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

New Jersey State Forest Ticket (Conduct?, Excessive Noise)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hoyg987

What is the name of your state? New Jersey.

Hello all. I have a question about 2 tickets I received while camping in the Wharton State Forest here in NJ a little while ago. A few friends and I were issued 2 tickets each. They read as follows:

Conduct 7:2-2.11(a)
Excessive Noise after 10pm 7:2-2.11(c)

I did a little looking around and I found this site: http://www.judiciary.state.nj.us/mcs/svbs_12-03/12-21-03_index.htm

Scroll down to where it says Part II-Non-Traffic Violations and clock the section labeled D. State Park and Forest Regulations. It's an Adobe Acrobat Reader file (.pdf). I read it and found that the 7:2-2.11(c) is correct, it is excessive noise-machine instrument or device. But the 7:2-2.11(a) is labeled as Use of Disruptive Language-Parks. On my ticket, it says Conduct on it. The only thing in that list I can find that even mentions the word Conduct is 7:2-2.11(n) which is Fighting or Violent Conduct-Parks. The numbers and letters don't match up for this second ticket, and we surely weren't being violent or fighting or anything even remotely like that. What is going on with this second ticket? I can't find Conduct as an offense anywhere under this number/letter designation, and the fighting and violent conduct doesn't make any sense, we are all friends and none of us were fighting. They gave us a break for not giving out more tickets since some of the people in the group were under 21 and there was alcohol there. They could have been a lot harder on us, and they explained it to us. I just can't figure out this conduct ticket. Can anyone explain this to me?

Also, I have been told by some people that these tickets are both ordinances. We don't have to go to court. I have heard that there are no records of ordinances, so it won't show up on a criminal record of any sort. Is this true? If a future employer (like a fire or police department or a government job) does a background check, will this show up? If it does, will the report behind the ticket show up as well? Is this even an ordinance? I don't really know how all this works. I'd appreciate any advice anyone can give me. I figure I'd plead guilty and just pay the excessive noise.. I mean hell, we were being noisy. This conduct ticket has me stumped though and I don't want to just plead guilty if it's wrong and it's going to show up on my record. Will it show up? Help me out here! Thanks!

PS: These cops were pretty cool. I've looked around here and it seems like everyone wants to say the cop that ticketed them wasn't cool. These ladies were very nice, we even laughed with them. Cops are mostly cool. :)

Last edited:

H

Hoyg987

Anyone have any words of advice? I'd appreciate it very much.

racer72

Pay the tickets. They would be similar to receiving a jaywalking ticket, won't go on your driving record and not serious enough to warrant inclusion on ones police record.

H

Hoyg987

As long as it doesn't go on my record I figure I'll just pay it. It just sounds bad, I don't want that kinda thing showing up on my record if I were to interview for a job and have to have a background check done. We were being noisy, so I guess I'll just pay it. Thanks for reassuring me, I just really wanted to make sure it wouldn't show up somewhere down the road. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">