• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is separate offense?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ekdikeo

Indiana
I committed a felony in April of this year for which I was arrested in July and sentenced in August. I committed a similar felony in May. Can I still be arrested for the May felony?

Thank you

CdwJava

Of course. Unless it was rolled into the other felony, it is a seperate offense.

What's with you and felonies?

Carl

E

ekdikeo

Thanks for your response. Let me put the question another way, so you will understand why I asked. If I sold pot to 100 people and was busted for selling to one of them, could the police arrest me again at a later date if they found another person out of the 99 people left that I sold to? If so, they could potentially arrest me 100 times. Is this how the law works? The above is not my situation, just seemed like a better example for my question. I was arrested for identity theft. Two different people, same time frame. I was only caught for one of them. To try an answer your question, at the time it seemed like the answer to many other problems.

CdwJava

Yes, they could potentially arrest you 100 times. If they knew about all the offesnes at one time they could conceivably roll them in to multiple counts at the same proceeding. But if one has been resolved, and others come to light, they can deal with the others as they arrive.

This happens frequently with check and credit card fraud cases.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">