• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

a mom with questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jlc52904

What is the name of your state?i live in California but case is moving to South Carolina
My mother has had 1 weekend a month since me and my ex split up. since my daughter and ex have moved to S carolina my mother wanted a new visitation agreement which was fine we me and my ex. but she wants the entire summer and every other xmas. which leaves me with no time. we got her to agree with 3 weeks and every third xmas but she wants my 5 yo child to ride on a plane 3000+ miles by herself. we didnt agree to that now shes taking me to court!! can anyone help me?

jlc52904

seeking advise

yes my mother has 1 court ordered weekend a month. now that my ex has moved to SC she thinks she should get the whole summer and every other christmas

LdiJ

jlc52904 said:
What is the name of your state?i live in California but case is moving to South Carolina
My mother has had 1 weekend a month since me and my ex split up. since my daughter and ex have moved to S carolina my mother wanted a new visitation agreement which was fine we me and my ex. but she wants the entire summer and every other xmas. which leaves me with no time. we got her to agree with 3 weeks and every third xmas but she wants my 5 yo child to ride on a plane 3000+ miles by herself. we didnt agree to that now shes taking me to court!! can anyone help me?
I honestly may be able to give you some good advice on this situation but you really need to explain the situation more fully

jlc52904

she went to court

she went to court when me and my ex split up and got an appointment with the conciliator. she talked her into believing that it was detrimental to my daughter to see her. thing is she did see her all the time but she wanted it court order so my ex or myself couldnt tell her we had plans. so the court ordered that she got 1 weekend and i got 3 the rest of the time was with my ex as we had planned in the begining.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
If you still live in CA, btw, your case would stay in CA even when your ex/child move to SC.

LdiJ

stealth2 said:
If you still live in CA, btw, your case would stay in CA even when your ex/child move to SC.
Jursidiction is a little "wacky" (for lack of a better word) when it comes to grandparent visitation. Yes, technically CA would still hold jurisdiction, but it would be very difficult to enforce a third party (grandparent) visitation case in SC without domesticating it there. In this particular case it won't really matter since the child will be returning to CA for visitation with the mother anyway...but I thought I would mention it.

jlc52904

case transfer

The case is going to be transfered because im moving from Ca to SC before my schedualed visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">