• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parental liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

Hadit

What is the name of your state?Maine

My 20 year old son was arrested for aggrevated criminal mischief for vandalizing a new home being constructed.
Since he stills lives at home, am I liable for the restitution of the damages he caused or is he considered an adult on his own?

H

Hadit

Hadit said:
What is the name of your state? Maine

My 20 year old son was arrested for aggrevated criminal mischief for vandalizing a new home being constructed.
Since he stills lives at home, am I liable for the restitution of the damages he caused or is he considered an adult on his own?

Happy Trails

Hadit said:
Hadit said:
What is the name of your state? Maine

**He is considered an adult. Make him get a job.

CdwJava

In theory? No. You cannot be held responsible. That does not mean that someone might not try to connect the two of you and sue you anyway. I doubt they would win, but you might have to pay an attorney to defend yourself.

I hope your son has a good job to pay for an attorney and restitution.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">