• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

under what circumstances can I get a refund from the court??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fredofly

What is the name of your state? Florida

Basically, I'm asking under what circumstances/conditions can I get a refund from the court? Would duress/mental disability qualify? What about failure to perform the service paid for? Or what if the clerk misinforms me about what I need to do, and applies a charge that while authorized, is not for the action I specifically requested?

BL

You will NOT get a refund from the court. You are frustrating matters even worse .

Ignorance of the law is NO excuse. Small claims clerk do not and should not give legal advice. Their duties are to preform clerical duties. While they may be able to tell you general answers as to what you need to file . If you tell them you want to file something and you are allowed to,they will process it.
That's their job.They are not lawyers.

F

fredofly

And all of this is why I didn't want to describe the situation, and I still don't, because I'd rather not risk an argument.

I'm going to stick with my question, under what circumstances can I get a refund. I know it's rather general, but I know what happened, and I'm mostly just looking for language that the bureacrats will understand.

BL

And again , it is very unlikely that you will get a refund from the court,due to your own ignorance of the laws,or any other reason .

JETX

fredofly said:
I'm going to stick with my question, under what circumstances can I get a refund.
Okay, lets try this a different way.... what cost are you trying to get refunded??
Filing fees?? Won't happen.
Court ordered fees?? Won't happen.
Fees for bond after 'conditions' have been met?? File a motion with the court and submit an order for the release of the bond.

Anything else... is up to you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">