• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16, emancipated, and wanting to date a 24y/o

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilsattygirl

Wisconsin

I am 16, I recently got emancipated. I wanted to know if it was legal to date a 24 y.o. I am currently in Kansas but moving to Wisconsin, It would be in Wisconsin.

AHA

lilsattygirl said:
Wisconsin

I am 16, I recently got emancipated. I wanted to know if it was legal to date a 24 y.o. I am currently in Kansas but moving to Wisconsin, It would be in Wisconsin.
Your bf could go to prison or pay a hefty fine.

948.09 Sexual Intercourse With A Child Age 16 Or Older -- Sexual intercourse with a person 16 or 17 years old is a misdemeanor, the penalty for which is imprisonment not to exceed 9 months or a fine not to exceed $10,000, or both.

ptlmejo

It's actually a misdemeanor, so up to 1 year in jail, $10K fine.

They rarely prosecute 16+ anyway here unless the parents press the issue.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I know I'm wasting my time saying this but what the heck, I'm getting used to the feeling of banging my head against the wall.

A 24 year old who's interested in "dating" a 16 year old, regardless of whether she's emancipated or not (which btw has NOTHING to do with it) has far more serious problems than whether or not it's legal. If he didn't have very serious maturity problems, he wouldn't even be interested in dating a 16 year old. And the maturity problems are the least of it. I wouldn't want any 16 year old I know to have to deal with what are almost certainly his control issues.

HomeGuru

cbg said:
I know I'm wasting my time saying this but what the heck, I'm getting used to the feeling of banging my head against the wall.

A 24 year old who's interested in "dating" a 16 year old, regardless of whether she's emancipated or not (which btw has NOTHING to do with it) has far more serious problems than whether or not it's legal. If he didn't have very serious maturity problems, he wouldn't even be interested in dating a 16 year old. And the maturity problems are the least of it. I wouldn't want any 16 year old I know to have to deal with what are almost certainly his control issues.
**A: cbg, how's your head?

nextwife

Get real, girl! No NORMAL 24 year old guy needs to date a child, emancipated or not. Normal 24 year olds want to date maybe 20 or so year olds- adults.

Then there are the guys who woman their age DON"T want.They want to date a young girl because they can be more easilly manipulated and controlled- and have fewer options, as they are less likely to be financially capable of walking away from a physically or emotionally abusive relationship. No SECURE 24 year old would even consider dating someone your age.

You just got emancipated, so you evidentally DIDN'T want your parents telling you what to do. Guess what? In no time, he'll be doing the same thing

Last edited:
M

MrUnbiased

I just pulled this from the Washington Laws:
(1) An emancipated minor shall be considered to have the power and capacity of an adult, except as provided in subsection (2) of this section. A minor shall be considered emancipated for the purposes of, but not limited to:

(a) The termination of parental obligations of financial support, care, supervision, and any other obligation the parent may have by virtue of the parent-child relationship, including obligations imposed because of marital dissolution;

(b) The right to sue or be sued in his or her own name;

(c) The right to retain his or her own earnings;

(d) The right to establish a separate residence or domicile;

(e) The right to enter into nonvoidable contracts;

(f) The right to act autonomously, and with the power and capacity of an adult, in all business relationships, including but not limited to property transactions;

(g) The right to work, and earn a living, subject only to the health and safety regulations designed to protect those under age of majority regardless of their legal status; and

(h) The right to give informed consent for receiving health care services.

(2) An emancipated minor shall not be considered an adult for: (a) The purposes of the adult criminal laws of the state unless the decline of jurisdiction procedures contained in RCW 13.40.110 are used or the minor is tried in criminal court pursuant to *RCW 13.04.030(1)(e)(iv); (b) the criminal laws of the state when the emancipated minor is a victim and the age of the victim is an element of the offense; or (c) those specific constitutional and statutory age requirements regarding voting, use of alcoholic beverages, possession of firearms, and other health and safety regulations relevant to the minor because of the minor's age.

I am 25 and an Emancipated 17 year old is very interested in me. She told me that she was legally an adult and can legally act as an adult. She is very mature and has been emanciapted for 2 years. She acts like an adult paying bills and living on her own and going to college, but she is still 17. So I'm trying to stay away from a relationship but she is quite persistent. What is the actual ruling on this?

Thanks

gryndor

MrUnbiased said:
What is the actual ruling on this?
My ruling is that you've hijacked this thread, and while I would suggest that you start your own thread, I rather die than read about another adult-child sexually active couple, asking about the legality of their actions.

Perhaps this should have it's own section?? :D

Just a Thought
Gryn

AHA

Pedophilia (spelling) is never going to go down well with most people here, no matter how many offenders post their stories.

M

MrUnbiased

Not much help are you? If you dont have an awnser please keep quiet. If you do than let me know.

gryndor

MrUnbiased said:
Not much help are you? If you dont have an awnser please keep quiet. If you do than let me know.
If you don't like the answers you get, then buh-bye! It's YOUR CHOICE to post your disgusting behavior on this forum, and it's my choice to post a comment. You don't like that? Too bad... you don't get to tell me to go away... only the moderators can! :p

Gryn

AHA

Any normal adult wouldn't even have to ask if sex with a minor is legal or not.It doesn't matter much how many bills she pays on her own. You don't have to like the answer, we're just the messengers. The law is the law.

gryndor

AHA said:
Any normal adult wouldn't even have to ask if sex with a minor is legal or not.It doesn't matter much how many bills she pays on her own. You don't have to like the answer, we're just the messengers. The law is the law.
That was WAY more mature than my answer, but I suppose in the end, it boils down to the same thing. :D

Gryn

M

MrUnbiased

Can you please awnser the question, as it does pertain (almost identically) to the thread. Plain and simple, black and white: Can a 25yo man have sexual relations with an emancipated 17yo woman who is living on her own?

gryndor

MrUnbiased said:
Can you please awnser the question, as it does pertain (almost identically) to the thread. Plain and simple, black and white: Can a 25yo man have sexual relations with an emancipated 17yo woman who is living on her own?
Sicko :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">