• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Forgery of a Drug Prescription

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

I'minnocent

What is the name of your state? Maine
I have been charged with Forgery and Aquiring Drugs by Deception. The police are claiming that I forged a prescription for Vicodin, that I changed the amount of pills to 120 instead of 20 (I DID NOT DO THIS!)
I have a misdemeanor theft charge from 6 years ago. Can this be used against me now?
What are the usual fines/punishment for these crimes if I am a first offender?
Please help!

Happy Trails

I'minnocent said:
What is the name of your state? Maine
I have been charged with Forgery and Aquiring Drugs by Deception. The police are claiming that I forged a prescription for Vicodin, that I changed the amount of pills to 120 instead of 20 (I DID NOT DO THIS!)
I have a misdemeanor theft charge from 6 years ago. Can this be used against me now?
Please help!
**When you picked up the prescription, didn't you notice that it had over 100 more than it should have?

I

I'minnocent

Forgery and Aquiring Drugs by Deception

State of Maine
The script said 20 pills when I turned it in to the pharmacy. I totally would have noticed if it said 120 pills! I'm freaking out!

As far as what the Dr.' pad said, it said dispense #20 pills and someone wrote a '1' in front of the 20.

Last edited:

Happy Trails

I'minnocent said:
State of Maine
The script said 20 pills when I turned it in to the pharmacy. I totally would have noticed if it said 120 pills! I'm freaking out!

As far as what the Dr.' pad said, it said dispense #20 pills and someone wrote a '1' in front of the 20.
**You knew it was only for 20. So what did you do when the pharmacists filled the prescription and it had an extra 100 in there?

Happy Trails:

I suspect the poster never had an opportunity to pick up the prescription. Rather, after the pharmacist discovered the forgery the police were notified

Happy Trails

john123456 said:
Happy Trails:

I suspect the poster never had an opportunity to pick up the prescription. Rather, after the pharmacist discovered the forgery the police were notified
**You are probably right. That's why I'm not getting an answer.

I

I'minnocent

OKay, sorry. Here is more info. I never picked up the script. The pharmicist called the Police. I dont' know who else could have altered it other than the pharmacy tech that took the script. All I know is, I didn't do it and there is no way to prove that I didn't do it. I see how it looks. I'd have a hard time thinking I didn't do it. But more background is that after my misdemeanor I joined the military and I am still active duty. I feel like this should help my credibilty but no help so far.

I highly doubt the pharmacy clerk altered your prescription. The reason you have no credibility is because you’re not taking responsibility for your actions.

I

I'minnocent

I have enough people (i.e. the police) who are accusing me of something I DIDN"T do. There were 3 people behind the counter at the pharmacy...it was a rite aid! are you telling me it isn't possible that someone who was NOT the pharmacist, ony a pharmacy tech, did it?
Does anyone have the answers to the questions I posted other than judgemental opinions?
I thought this forum was for ADVICE, not criticism.

rmet4nzkx

If it was someone at Rite Aid they would be smart enough to write it properly so they would get the drugs and you wouldn't get caught. I'll say no more than that. You got caught and the pharmacist did exactly right in calling the police.

I

I'minnocent

So I'll take that as a "no," that noone can answer my legitimate questions?

rmet4nzkx

I'minnocent said:
Please help!
Yes your misdemeanor charge can be used against you and you are not a first offender, you better get an attorney, you might put yourself in a rehab program and start attending a 12 step group.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">