• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

99,problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

99,problems

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state,New York City, Please Help any advice and information would be appreciated.My brother had got caught selling drugs(heroin,crack) to an undercover officer he got arrested and was put on five year probation.About a year has past and he got arrested again for petty larceny,so that was a automatic probation violation,so the judge mandated him to a drug program for 12-18.But when he was waiting for the program to pick him up from court he left and did'nt go to the program all this was in 2002 and at the present we dont know what to do,the judge told him if he did'nt complete it he was looking at 1,1/2 - 3,years in state prison.My question is if this case gets old after years go by can the judge dismiss it or can he go into a drug program and let the program help him there because right know he has a warrent out,and trying to get his live togheter only 26,or if he hires a good lawyer what is the best case do you think the lawyer can present to the prosecution

L

linda farrell

I worked at a drug rehab in philly if he goes and gets help the rehab can contact about his warrant the fact that he is getting help is good.He would be better off if he turned himself in while he was getting help for his drug addiction as appossed to getting locked up on the streets. maybe the judge would take in cosideration that he did turn himself in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">