• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter had near drowning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

llandrum

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? KY

My daughter had a near drowning June 2003 at a country club. She was coded a 300 going to hospital. There was some damage done. We hired an attorney and may of this year, their insurance company offered us a setttlement amount set up in an annuatiy. We agreed on the amount and now I can not get in contact with my attorney. I spoke with him the first of June and he told me that they were getting a court date of judge to agree (since my child is a minor). Spoke to him first of July, told me that he had been busy on three other cases and there was no hurry on mine, since she couldn't touch any money unitl she is 18. But there has been no legal papers drawn up on the agreement. I feel that I am being ran around or something.
What should I do?

You Are Guilty

A judge has to "approve" of the settlement because your daughter is a minor (in legalese, it's an "infant compromise order"). Depending on how busy the court is, they can take months to get done.

But what other "legal papers" have not been drawn up so far that you think should have been?

HomeGuru

llandrum said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? KY

My daughter had a near drowning June 2003 at a country club. She was coded a 300 going to hospital. There was some damage done. We hired an attorney and may of this year, their insurance company offered us a setttlement amount set up in an annuatiy. We agreed on the amount and now I can not get in contact with my attorney. I spoke with him the first of June and he told me that they were getting a court date of judge to agree (since my child is a minor). Spoke to him first of July, told me that he had been busy on three other cases and there was no hurry on mine, since she couldn't touch any money unitl she is 18. But there has been no legal papers drawn up on the agreement. I feel that I am being ran around or something.
What should I do?
**A: how is your daughter now and how was the country club negligent?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">