• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terminated And Getting Prosecuted For $5,500

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MichaelNelson

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Hello guys, i was just recently terminated from Lowe's Home Improvement Warehouse due to "INVENTORY COUNTS", recently they viewed every Employee's 2 weeks video camera review and seen who was throwing away items, giving away items or stealing items....WELL..

They called me to an office and told me that they have me on camera giving away free concrete and lumber to customers, which i did, i admitted since the items were broken or damaged so i handed customers extra's..

Well they told me that inventory came out very bad and they have over $50,000 worth of items missing and that the stuff i gave away came out to be totalling $5,500 (they counted all the concrete & lumber missing)..

So now they told me im terminated and really appreaciate me telling them the truth..They took me to a police station and told me that i will be getting prosecuted in the next few months to come on this...

My only question on this is... Since they told me im getting prosecuted for THEFT/STEALING, what can the outcomes be? I got terminated a month ago and ever since, 17 employees gotten fired from that same company on different bullsh1t

Thanks

M

MichaelNelson

Oh yeah, what do you guys recommend? I just got off phone with the STORE MANAGER OF LOWES and he told me that 95% of the time their lawyers will ask for you to pay the company back in a certain time, if this is your first time then you will get chances (probation, coumunity service etc etc)

And yes this was my first time getting terminated from a company and im 20yrs old attending fulltime college and working parttime at ...HOME DEPOT..!! :)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Michael, with all due respect, how can you possibly expect anyone here to tell you what the outcome is going to be? I'm the only one here with a crystal ball (that's an old joke here, sorry) and it's out for cleaning. :)

If you want to know what kind of a charge you're facing, post on one of the criminal law boards. This board deals with employment law. I CAN tell you that your being terminated in the manner you describe did not violate the law (that's the question we usually get here).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">