• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have a malpractice case??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lisad04

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

Approx. 2 monts ago I started having alot of pain in my left side. After numerouse ultrasounds, ct scans...etc... I was found to have a hydronephrotic kidney....I was then sent to a urologist which did several procedures that found out I had a complete blockage of my left ureter.. He feels it was tied off during a previous hysterctomy 5 years ago.....The doctor was unable to fix the blockage and so last week I had to have my kidney removed.....
Do I have a case????

ellencee

lisad04
Approx. 2 monts ago I started having alot of pain in my left side. After numerouse ultrasounds, ct scans...etc... I was found to have a hydronephrotic kidney....I was then sent to a urologist which did several procedures that found out I had a complete blockage of my left ureter.. He feels it was tied off during a previous hysterctomy 5 years ago.....The doctor was unable to fix the blockage and so last week I had to have my kidney removed.....
Do I have a case????
If the left ureter was tied off during a hysterectomy and as a direct result of that act, your kidney had to be removed, I'd say you stand a very good chance of proving all of the elements of a medmal claim. The statute of limitations is the only area of which I have concern. It is possible that your state allows for additional time in circumstances such as yours.

Obtain a consultation appointment with a medmal attorney in your area. You will need to file suit in the county where the hysterectomy was performed.

EC

nurse_nan

And if the ureter was tied off 5 years ago, what was his explanation for why your kidney is just now bothering you, 5 years later?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">