• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Student Falsely Accused

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PStevens

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I am a student at McIntosh College / Atlantic Culinary Academy. I received a letter from the Academic Provost that I am being suspended from school and student housing for "smoking marijuana in Student Housing at McIntosh College." This accusation is completely false.

My roommate and his friend were smoking marijuana in my dorm room's bathroom. His friend admitted that he was smoking. I had nothing to do with it except for the fact he is my roommate. I have been through so much drama over this issue and to make it worse, a copy of the false-accusation letter is being sent to my parents, which does not make sense since I am not a minor nor are my parents supporting my college education.

The director of Residential Life and a Resident Assistant searched my room after the event, found NO MARIJUANA in my room, nor did they search my person. The only thing present was the odor of marijuana smoke.

This is my last semester here and I do not want someone's stupidity other than mine to throw my education down the drain.

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!!!!
I AM AT MY WITS END!!!!!

ptlmejo

First off, this isn't a legal question as you made no indication of being criminally charged.

Second, read the school policies. I'm sure there's an appeal proceedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">