• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

withdrawal pains

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Al High

What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA
I am a 56 year old small business owner (new start-up) that wants to withdraw my funding from my ss account. I have been told by many people that this can be and has been done. I would like to invest this money on my own as my retirement fund. What do I do to start this? And, what is a 1040X form for?
Racer

Whyte Noise

There is no "account" for the money you paid into SS.

Monies paid in today, go to pay benefits today. Many people think that they have their own certain "account" set up, that they pay their money into. That's not true though. What's paid in, in SS taxes on each paycheck now, goes to pay benefits for people that are receiving them NOW. You don't have a little savings account (for lack of a better term) that you pay your tax into, and then it's all yours when you retire, become disabled, etc. You can do your own research on www.ssa.gov

A 1040X is an amended tax return form that you can get from the IRS website at www.irs.gov

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">