• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

neighbor taking up everyone's street parking

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? CA

My neighbor has about 10 cars. He parks on his driveway, infront of his house, infront of my house, and infront of other neighbor's house.

Is there some law, civil code, or penal code, that states he can only have so many cars or that states he has to enable neighbors to park there cars in front of their homes? If so, I'd really like for cops to give him a ticket or something.

I live in a residential area in CA. His tires have been slashed before...i believe because he is pretty much occupying the entire neighorhoods street parking.

Joseph

Happy Trails

Joseph_free said:
What is the name of your state? CA

My neighbor has about 10 cars. He parks on his driveway, infront of his house, infront of my house, and infront of other neighbor's house.

Is there some law, civil code, or penal code, that states he can only have so many cars or that states he has to enable neighbors to park there cars in front of their homes? If so, I'd really like for cops to give him a ticket or something.

I live in a residential area in CA. His tires have been slashed before...i believe because he is pretty much occupying the entire neighorhoods street parking.

Joseph
**Check with your town/city ordinances on a possible blight violation. In our town vehicles must have current tags and insurance or we would be cited for it.

nextwife

Yes, DO check with your municipality. In addition to tags, many require special permits to park on the street overnight. And a party is usually only issued a limited number of overnight permits. Find out the law, and if he is not complying, report each vehicle every evening. All "car collectors" I know have specifically chosen their residence because it has room for their car collection on THEIR premises- they don't expect other families to lose parking because they want to keep a bunch of cars.

HomeGuru

Also the zoning may not allow so many vehicles on his property in a residential neighborhood. In some areas, it would be considered commercial use such as a used car lot, automotive repair etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">