• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Job eliminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JackieBacker

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

I was put into a management position 6 months ago. I did not have any clinical (healthcare) background, but they said they would train me. After 6 months and a lot of turmoil with directors (new division added to the hospital and none of us were given direction/guidelines of whose duties are whose) and instead of putting up with all the problems, my boss the VP, decides to eliminate my position because he does not have the luxury of time to train me. I have been with the hospital 3 years and in very good standing. I have interviewed for another position within but at a significant pay cut and responsibility. Is there legal issues that can be addressed? I can go into more depth if needed.

Beth3

Is there legal issues that can be addressed? No. If business conditions have changed and they no longer have the time/resources to train you, that is unfortunate but nothing illegal has transpired.

J

JackieBacker

Thanks

Thanks Beth. Doesn't matter anymore how dedicated you are to a company.
Loyalty seems to be a lost attribute in the majority of businesses. I appreciate your quick response and this website.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">