• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do we review minutes?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Samantha1

What is the name of your state?California
Some owners want to review minutes of meetings. We don't want copies, just want to read them to see if some comments that were said are truly in the minutes. I requested time to go to property manager and read the minutes. They don't respond to me, just keep saying, "We'll get back to you." How do we go about reading the minutes? Don't we have a right to that?

HomeGuru

Samantha1 said:
What is the name of your state?California
Some owners want to review minutes of meetings. We don't want copies, just want to read them to see if some comments that were said are truly in the minutes. I requested time to go to property manager and read the minutes. They don't respond to me, just keep saying, "We'll get back to you." How do we go about reading the minutes? Don't we have a right to that?

**A: yes you have that right. Have your Board President or another member call for you. Or send a certified rrr letter to the property manager's boss requesting a meeting at their office ( to review said minutes) within the next 7 days.

CdwJava

Keep in mind that "Minutes" do not necessarily include comments by individuals, but actions voted on or taken. I have heard that some organizations make such detailed minutes, but there is certainly no need to go into that kind of minutiae ... and it also makes for a greater likelihood that minutes will be disputed at future meetings thus making "consent" items a contentious issue where it should not be.

In all the service organizations I am involved in, none take minutes to reflect specific comments - even the City Council meeting's minutes.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">