• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False breach of contract claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

qednick

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

I entered into a contract with a company to produce a working prototype and final system several months ago. Everything went great up until now. They claimed they wanted to change the contract to my detriment to cover the costs of hiring other people to help get the job done faster.

They tried using bully tactics and all kinds of stuff but I dug in my heels and wouldn't budge. It became evident that they obviously wanted to renege on the contract.

They finally sent me a letter stating that I had breached the contract shortly after signing it (4 months ago). In that 4 months I had done tons of work and they had been paying me monthly as per the contract.

For starters, I can prove their claim of breach is false anyway from witness testimonials BUT... can it also be assumed that this is a false claim of breach because they continued to pay me and have me work under the contract for four months before making their claim of breach? Surely, they should have claimed breach at the time of the alleged breach and not continue to have me working or pay me under the contract.

I just need to weight up how much ammo I have in this case.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">