• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CA: Street Sweeping ticket with no signs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Freeloader

I received a street sweeping ticket last week in Huntington Beach. It is a regular neighborhood, and the only signs posted are on the three entrances to the entire neighborhood. There are no signs on any of the inner streets, where there are about 20 to 30. I got the ticket in a culdesac, which has no signs posted. I tried to argue california code 22507.6, but the officer said the signs posted at the entrance to the location are good enough. Are there any other California regulations I can try to use? Thanks for your help.

CdwJava

Unless you can succesfully argue with the parking authority that you could not have reasonably seen ANY of the signs and do not live in the neghborhood, I don't think you'll have any luck.

These are not heard in court and have to be appealed to the local parking authority/office.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">