• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protecting driving record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbkidd

Help, Hit & Run

California.

i was involved in a hit & run today. A young gal, rear ended my vehicle causing real minor damage. But i tried to get a hold of her several times after the accident, honking and waving at her at red lights and she purposely ignored me. If she had stopped in the 1st place, i would have probably just let it ride. But she didnt. So my question is this, i have a class A license that i want to keep clean, and i know reporting this accident will put the accident on my mvr for 3 years. I want to know how should i go about getting something out of this woman, because im sure it is going to cause problems for me in the future. Higher car insurance rates and a less than perfect mvr, that future employers will be looking at, are sure to occur. Can i hire a lawyer to get a settlement or something for the future hassle im going to have? You might think, "just let it go", but a hit and run is just that, and their is so many of them over here in the central valley, im taking a stand, even though it is just one person. Young people need to learn that they have to be accountable for what they have caused. Just letting this chik dis me the way she did, and get off clean, is not what i want. Can you please give me some good advice here?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">