• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fallen tree

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

drb264

What is the name of your state? I live in Florida. A large oak tree of my neighbors fell into my yard, damaging my fence and shed. They refuse to pay for any of the damages or tree removal, saying it was an aact of God. My insurance deductible is high. Do I have any recourse? When I have the tree cut, up can I put the debris in their yard since it is their property? At least I would not have to pay for the removal.

rmet4nzkx

drb264 said:
What is the name of your state? I live in Florida. A large oak tree of my neighbors fell into my yard, damaging my fence and shed. They refuse to pay for any of the damages or tree removal, saying it was an aact of God. My insurance deductible is high. Do I have any recourse? When I have the tree cut, up can I put the debris in their yard since it is their property? At least I would not have to pay for the removal.
Was this huirricne related damage? You may have to see what both homeowners policies say, what your local ordinances say, if there is any FEMA relief.

It may be condisered an act of God. Check to see if the tree was sound and appropriately maintained, if not then you might have somehting beyond an act of God.

If the fence is in common he has to share the cost of repair.
Many cities have tree and storm related debries removal following the storm, but lacking that it was his tree to start with so it could just as easily be an act of God that it found it's way back to his property. ;)

JETX

drb264 said:
A large oak tree of my neighbors fell into my yard, damaging my fence and shed. They refuse to pay for any of the damages or tree removal, saying it was an aact of God. My insurance deductible is high. Do I have any recourse?
Against them?? Unless you can show that they knew, or should have known, that the tree was dead or diseased and weakened, no. But look at the positive, you get a lot of firewood.

When I have the tree cut, up can I put the debris in their yard since it is their property?
Nice try... but no.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">