• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ISP refuses to honor his word

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

emarsh69

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

I was not sure which forum was more appropriate so I posted it under Consumer Contracts and Small Claims.

I have an internet service provider that refuses to give a refund on antenna equipment. Here's the short story: I got wireless internet service from him (him being the owner and president of the company) in August 2003. Things were fine until October when I started having problems. I learned later that he was making changes to his equipment and not informing the customers. This went on for 2 months. In January he finally offered to fix it by upgrading the antenna. I replied by stating that this must be a permanent and effective fix and if there's any more problems he will give a full refund of the antenna. He agreed to this (by email- I have the copy). I had more problems in June & July of this year so I changed providers, closed my account and asked for a full refund. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau (which he received last week). He has refused to give a full refund but offered $125.00 for the antenna (original cost was $429.00). I have not responded to his offer yet, but to my (non-legal) thinking this is an easy decision. He agreed by email to give a refund but now he refuses. Isn't that similar to breach of contract? He is the owner of the company so I think he's authorized to make any agreements he wants to for the company. My initial thought is to respond telling him no deals; either honor the original agreement or go to court. Any thoughts? What are the chances of winning the case in court?

This has been a frustrating ordeal. I'd really appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">