• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not at fault accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jbkidd

What is the name of your state? Cali. Can a not at fault accident or not determined accident be on a persons driving record? I was involved in an accident 2 years ago in san francisco, where a guy used his car to side swipe me on purpose. I was working at the time and my employer didnt want me to press charges against the guy because that would mean that it would take for ever for her company to get the insurance money to repair her company vehicle. So i said that i didnt want to press charges, and the accident was lableled "not determined", due to no witnesses, and the chp not able to figure out who was telling the truth. Further investigation by the insurance companys proclaimed me "not at fault". So now 2 years later i am trying to get a driving job and notice this accident on my record. It this correct? Would at "not at fault" accident be present on my mvr as well? What do u think i should have done 2 years ago when this accident happened? The dude who hit me was doing about 80 mph in the 50 zone and when i changed lanes infront of him (not realizing how fast he was coming) he got pissed, got on the side of me and rammed his car into the side of mine. No witnessese out of all those people stopped and the accident was never determined.

stephenk

all your dmv record shows is that you were involved in an accident. when you apply for a driving job, explain the accident.

J

jbkidd

most of the time, explaining it doesnt cut it. The employers will think that most people are lying.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">