• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Engage the Exotic" a slogan?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jamiemorrow

What is the name of your state? Colombia, South America and California
I use the phrase “Engage the Exotic” which I created and use many times on my website. I also use this heading on all of my Internet pay per click advertising and as the name of my website on the dating directories that link to my site. Which would read like this and link to my site:
Engage the Exotic: International Introductions is your opportunity for an exotic engagement. We provide the path for discovering lasting love beyond the borders. Discover the love you deserve in a Latin bride.

Well a new competitor is also using this same heading “Engage the Exotic” followed by their own description.

Now I read that “Copyright does not protect names, titles, slogans, or short phrases.” Does this mean I can’t do anything about this (I have no legal standing) unless I trademark this term?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">