• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need water

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Michael Massey

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am buying a house on Lake Sinclair in Eatonton Georgia. THere is a water well that sits on the property line between me and my new neighbor to be. The well has been there for over thirty years and my neighbor has been there for three years. The well was once shared between my house and the original neighbors. The man who's land that the well sits partially on is demanding that I dig a brand new well so that he can fill in the old well. Do I have any rights to this well since it has been there for so many years. I had a well service come out and give me estimates. It would cost $1500.00 dollars to use and update the well that is there. The well house would be torn down and the equipment placed under my house. All that would be visible on the property line is a 2ft tall cement well cover. If I have a new well put in, we are looking at $4500.00 to $6500.00. I need to now if there are any laws that protect me. The electricity to the well is supplied by me and would be used only by me. Help

HomeGuru

Michael Massey said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Georgia

I am buying a house on Lake Sinclair in Eatonton Georgia. THere is a water well that sits on the property line between me and my new neighbor to be. The well has been there for over thirty years and my neighbor has been there for three years. The well was once shared between my house and the original neighbors. The man who's land that the well sits partially on is demanding that I dig a brand new well so that he can fill in the old well. Do I have any rights to this well since it has been there for so many years. I had a well service come out and give me estimates. It would cost $1500.00 dollars to use and update the well that is there. The well house would be torn down and the equipment placed under my house. All that would be visible on the property line is a 2ft tall cement well cover. If I have a new well put in, we are looking at $4500.00 to $6500.00. I need to now if there are any laws that protect me. The electricity to the well is supplied by me and would be used only by me. Help
**A: have you been and are a tenant at this property? If so, you have rights to the well. What did the landlord tell you?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">