• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blind Blue Zone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

breakthaman

What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

I got a $330 ticket because I parked on the street overnight in a handicapp zone. I did not know it was a handicapp zone and when I parked last night, it was too dark for me to notice the curb was blue. In the dark, I could see the red, white, and yellow spots I passed up on, but I did not see that the curb was blue because it was night time and the few street lights that were there made a shadow across the curb I parked in. Now I know this is a weak argument, but I don't have the funds to just pull out $330 dollars, I'm a Co-ed. I'm just wondering what are the chances of me being succesful in contesting this ticket, or if anyone could tell me just something good here.

Shay-Pari'e

Please do not use that defense, you will look rather stupid. Chalk it up as a learning experience, and park more carefully.

CdwJava

Check to see if there was a sign or other means of marking the parking spot in addition to the blue curb.

CVC 22511.7 states, in part:

Whenever a local authority so designates a parking space,
it shall be indicated by blue paint on the curb or edge of the paved
portion of the street adjacent to the space. In addition to blue
paint, the space shall also be indicated by signs or other suitable
means.

If there is no such sign or "other suitable means" to mark the spot, take a picture an dbring that with you when you contest the citation.

Also, keep in mind that parking cites are not generally heard in court - they are heard before a parking commissioner or other city official assigned to that task.

Here's a link to the coty of L.A.'s parking violations bureau:

http://www.lacity-parking.org/laopm/pvb_home.html

Carl

Last edited:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

breakthaman said:
What is the name of your state? Los Angeles, CA

tell me just something good here.

Rufus & Chaka Khan
Song: Tell Me Something Good

You ain't got no kind of feeling inside
I got something that will sure 'nuff set your stuff on fire
You refuse to put anything before your pride
I got something that will knock all your pride aside

CHORUS:
Tell me something good (tell me, tell me, tell me)
Tell me that you love me
Tell me something good (tell me, tell me, tell me)
Tell me that you like it, yeah

Got no time is what you're known to say
I'll make you wish there were 48 hours to each day
Problem is you ain't been loved like you should
What I got to give will sure 'nuff do you good

CHORUS

IAAL :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">