• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why Me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stumpf

Florida:

I sweat like a stuck pig…and it stinks. Last year I noticed that it was causing distractions in the classroom because students could smell it. I took a box of baby wipes to school and a stick of deodorant. I put the wipes on the top of my filing cabinet and the deodorant in the bottom drawer. When I would sweat I would go to my room at lunchtime, take off my shirt, clean myself and put on deodorant. I would then sit down and work at the computer and allow my shirt to dry off.

On the day in question I had done just that and was working on finishing the student treatment team reports. I was sitting behind my desk working on the computer. The class arrived 10 minutes early and a student looked in the room. I finished the report I was working on and put on my shirt. I then walked over to the computer lab, opened it and was going to start class when I was called to Mr. Wingfield’s office.

I was told that it had been reported that a student saw me in my room, sitting at the computer with my shirt and pants off and masturbating. I was also told that a staff member looked in the room and witnessed this. I was asked to leave until further notice. I did so. I went to the alternative school office where I met with Mr. Lopez and Dr. Archibald. I told them that the charges were patently untrue but I wouldn’t say any more until I had union and legal representation available.

I was asked to go to Mr. Noel’s office at the main office. He told me that I was being put on paid administrative leave until the matter was investigated and I was not to set foot on school property until the matter was resolved. I told them that I was innocent but would say nothing else until representation from the union was with us. On my way out I remembered to return my keys. He asked about my badge and I told him it was in my desk drawer.

1. The presence of baby wipes and deodorant is evidence of my story.
2. It would be impossible to see if my pants were off if I was sitting behind the desk.

The following Tuesday I met with the detective. She told me that she had five student reports (no staff) and that they all agreed. I mentioned that of course they agreed since the students had all been going to class and were not separated. She kept asking me to be honest and I kept telling the truth. At one point I asked her if she wanted me to lie. After several minutes of this the union representative said we were leaving and I would be getting a lawyer. The detective said she was going to file a report. She told the union rep, in private, that if I had just admitted to masturbating and said I thought I had privacy in my room she would probably have dropped the whole thing (why do I doubt this?)

Anyway, I am seeing a lawyer this Tuesday morning. I am scared and feel lonely. I don't want to tell my 11-year-old twins what is happening because we have all been through so much the past few years, but I may have to if I am arrested. Help!!

1. Since the students are all incarcerated felons is that something we can use?
2. I have been a very dedicated teacher for over 30 years. I came out of retirement because I love teaching and chose a maximum security prison for juvenile felons because I work well with 'at risk' kids.
3. I have NO idea why they are all banding together. A colleague says it is because they will do anything to discredit figures of authority.
4. I am afraid the school board will suspend me without pay if I am charged. This means I will not be able to pay a lawyer (the union will reimburse a lawyer after I am found innocent but that would be way too late). I have the twins to support (my wife left them with me when she left and moved in with another man).
5. I have been told that cases like this can take up to 18 months to settle.

I know this: I am innocent. I would never do what I am accused of. For one thing I am too dedicated for another I don't **** where I eat.

Help.

Bob

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">