• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident - Need to Understand my Rights - Please Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bzgpal

What is the name of your state? - Georgia

I was joining the Interstate and had slowed down to join onto the crowded High-way. A gentleman ran into my car from the back. Police were called, they had prepared the report. The other gentleman was at fault. I obtained a copy of the report (the gentleman who ran into my car was issued a citation) and started following-up with the Insurance company of that gentleman.

They had settled my property damage (my car was totalled). As the money offered was couple of hundred $$ more than what I bought my car for, I had accepted the offer.

For the first few days after the accident, me and my family (my spouse and my son were in the car in the back seat at the time of accident) had suffered from body painst. We thought they will go off. They went off for a brief period of time and then we started suffering from them again. We decided to see a Chiropractice. The doctor had diagonise Whiplash injury for me (X-rays were taken) and similar injury for my wife (no X-rays were taken,as she is pregnant). We are still taking treatment and the bills are being sent to the other Insurance company for settlement through my Insurance company.

I have the following questions:

(1) My current Insurance is ending on 9/30/2004. As I had not bought a car yet, I had not renewed it. Will I still be getting compensated (even after the expiration of Insurance).
(2) As I went through lots of emotional and personal suffering, can I get compensated adequately (other than the property damage - which is already settled and medical bills).

Please advise. Please also note that the accident had happened on 7/7/2004 in Atlanta, GA.

Thanks in advance for your time and advice.

Pal

just as long as you were insured at the time of the accident. but if you plan on getting another car i wouldn't let the insurance go. just take the vehicle off the policy and keep you and your wife as insured drivers so you won't have to make a downpayment all over again when you find another car.

as for bodily injury you should speak with a p.i attorney. also how long after the accident did you seek medical attention? cause if you waited a couple of weeks that could really hurt your case. no matter what you should try to seek medical attention ASAP after an accident to make sure that you and your family are doing well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">