• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmhill2625

What is the name of your state?idaho
I have been with my current job for 3 yrs and i have paid into my short and long term disability. I am currently pregnant and would qualify for maternity leave here, but i am going to take another job with a different employer. How does that work since short term is an employee paid, not employer paid benefit. Do i still qualify for my leave when i need it?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You need to clarify.

Are you quitting your job NOW, going to a new company, and THEN will be taking your leave?

Or will you be quitting your job at the same time that your leave starts, and going to the new company after your leave is over?

It makes a difference to the answer.

BTW, FMLA and STD?LTD benefits are completely separate issues.

C

cmhill2625

re:fmla rights

I will be leaving my current job for another company before i am due to take my leave.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You will not be eligible for any disability benefits from the policy held by your current employer, since you will not be employed with them at the time you take leave. Who pays for the benefits is immaterial; your eligibility for them ends when your employment terminates.

IF your new employer has disability benefits available for which you qualify, you will be able to avail yourself of them. BTW, you will NOT be eligible for FMLA since you will not have worked for your new employer for 12 months. Idaho does not have any state-mandated medical leave - you will be subject to whatever the policy is in place at your new employer for employees of under one year.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">