• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

need help firing public defender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmansgirl

What is the name of your state? California

How does a defendant who is in custody file a motion to fire his public defender? Does he just address the judge at his next court appearance and let him know he wants to fire his public defender or does he have to file some type of form? :confused: :confused:

C

cmansgirl

We can not afford to hire an attorney therefore we will need to retain another public defender because the one that was assigned to my husbands case is not doing anything for him. :mad: she has not even attempted to see or talk to him let alone keep him inform of the court proceedings. :mad: when I spoke to her she was very rude, she didn't give me any helpful information and she even cursed several times during our conversation. so we need to know how to fire her IMMEDIATELY

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">