• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

E-Bay Refusal to sell

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

90dodgevnt

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Austin, TX

Hello. Recently I won a 1998 Ram SS/T on E-Bay for $6,700. Prior to me winning the auction the seller and I had correspondance in regard to a buy it now price and he stated $16,700. One thing to note, there was not a buy it now nor a reserve set for this auction, and the auction went it's full course and I won it for $6,700.

In speaking to the seller, he was a bit surprised that it sold for so low of a price and then stated he would not sell the truck for anything less then $16,000. I told him the auction was final at $6,700 and that is what I would pay for the auction and not a penny more.

Since the end of the auction, he has sent me e-mails to this effect of his refusal to sell the truck for the price I won it for, and is now trying to say that this is his first time on E-Bay selling/bying items and to leave him alone. He further explained this in his offer through a Square Mediator to pay me $100 to make me go away, which in fact, I am more incensed about this auction and what has transpired then before. In the meantime I filed a complaint thru E-Bay and the IFCCFBI for his non-selling response.

My question is this:

(1) If I decided to file a civil case against him for not honoring a auction/contract, which court would I file it in?

(2) Since both he and I live in the same State (TX) would I file in my county (Travis) or in the county that he resides?

(3) Do I have any shot at all of winning a case of this nature?

Thanks for any help,

Mike

90dodgevnt

Interesting retort since I just called The County Attorney's office and I was told otherwise. Since he is within the *same* state the breach of contract and violated same, it could be brought before civil court in the jurisdiction I live in.

Furthermore, should I win by default, or just win the case outright, a writ could be attached to the veh and then a Constable would have to be hired to seize the vehicle. Again, since I am in the same state it would be enforceable.

And to those who want to fill this forum with ..."another E-Bay post" Take your comments and your gibberish elsewhere.

You Are Guilty

Enjoy your quest.

When it's over and you didn't get the truck for $6700, please feel free to post a "you were right" thread. It makes me all tingly in my spleen when I read those.

Happy Trails

90dodgevnt said:
Interesting retort since I just called The County Attorney's office and I was told otherwise. Since he is within the *same* state the breach of contract and violated same, it could be brought before civil court in the jurisdiction I live in.

Furthermore, should I win by default, or just win the case outright, a writ could be attached to the veh and then a Constable would have to be hired to seize the vehicle. Again, since I am in the same state it would be enforceable.

And to those who want to fill this forum with ..."another E-Bay post" Take your comments and your gibberish elsewhere.
**Post back and let us know how it went.

HomeGuru

You Are Guilty said:
Enjoy your quest.

When it's over and you didn't get the truck for $6700, please feel free to post a "you were right" thread. It makes me all tingly in my spleen when I read those.
**A: I once saw a liver and tingly spleen listed on ebay.

90dodgevnt

Why is it on every board, there is a no talent hack who decides to crap on others and not offer 1 bit of intelligent posting? Did your mommy take away your blankie at too young of an age or was it lack of breast feeding?

Either way, I will post the results or any findings that I may have.

Cheers.

Enjoy your quest.

You Are Guilty

I've been called many things, by no-talent hack is a new one, especially since I was the only one to give you any advice worth taking. However, since it's becoming abundantly clear Ebay is only utilized by cretins, feel free to ignore all the advice that doesn't agree with what you wanted to hear and enjoy chasing the phantom truck around Texas.

While you're at it, why not file reports with the FBI, NSA and Interpol. I'm sure they care about your "problem" as much as the rest of us here do.

90dodgevnt

Yes, your advice. Most thanks for your insightful and thought out response to my query. Keep up the good work along with your highly informative posts as well is your quips that are painfully dull. My hat is off to you.

Cheers

I've been called many things, by no-talent hack is a new one, especially since I was the only one to give you any advice worth taking. However, since it's becoming abundantly clear Ebay is only utilized by cretins, feel free to ignore all the advice that doesn't agree with what you wanted to hear and enjoy chasing the phantom truck around Texas.

While you're at it, why not file reports with the FBI, NSA and Interpol. I'm sure they care about your "problem" as much as the rest of us here do.

gryndor

90dodgevnt said:
Yes, your advice. Most thanks for your insightful and thought out response to my query. Keep up the good work along with your highly informative posts as well is your quips that are painfully dull. My hat is off to you.
I hope you learned your lesson YAG! :D

90dodgevnt

Again, another insightful response. So apparently you are well versed in in Civil Law in whatever pit you live in, but the state of Texas as well? I didn't take you "advice" or lack thereof since it's about as well thought out akin to your mother not using protection the night you were conceived. Maybe using E-Bay to attempt to purchase a vehicle was not the most intelligent thing to do, but again, I don't bash people for trying to ask questions or seek information. Maybe the only difference between you and a bucket of shi* is the bucket. Maybe this world is better place since you are here posting crap and basically doing nothing more then filling a void in whatever McDonalds you work in. Either way, go back to flipping burgers, posting vapid responses to questions on this board, and posturing as an intelligent person since either way that is all you seem to be good at.

In closing I would like to say that since this board and it's members have been entirely helpful with my questions, (especially YAG the no talent hack)I wont post here anymore. I have better things to do then argue with you "professional" type people here.

Cheers

Indeed. I've met my match and been humbled by the idiot who thought he could get a $10,000 discount because he's using Ebay. I feel dirty.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">